Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
Fix this on your stove top under 30 minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (3/4 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, saute celery and onion for 6 to 8 minutes or until just tender.
- Stir in rice and corn.
- In a small bowl, combine dry milk powder and water.
- Add milk mixture to the celery mixture.
- Mix well to combine.
- Stir cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes and lemon pepper into celery mixture.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
I did a half batch, this was nice & creamy & I liked it but I did find that the rice was a little gluggy & it wasn't really a hit with the rest of the family hence the 3 stars, sorry but thanks for posting!