Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
Just came up with this one when my youngest first started eating table foods.
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans peas and carrots, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 0.25 (1 lb) package Ritz cracker
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 9x13" casserole dish.
- Bring rice and broth to a boil in a pot. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir the peas and carrots into the rice. Cover, and continue cooking 5 minutes. Stir in half of the cheese and transfer to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and the crushed crackers.
- Bake 40 minutes in preheated oven, until bubbly and golden brown.
Way too dry, not very interesting
Made this today as a side dish to go with our baked chicken. Not a favorite. I felt it was a little on the dry side. I did add some can milk and velveeta cheese to try to add more of a creamier texture. Good taste just not a favorite.
I made this as a side dish for our dinner on 1/17/08.Since there was only 2 of us,I cut the recipe in half.And I didn't have any canned chicken broth so 2 bouillion cubes dissloved in 1 cup of boiling water was used. And I used some peas & carrots that were leftover from a previous meal.The taste wasn't quite what we were hoping for.I'm sorry but this won't be made again.Thanks for posting anyway,and "Keep Smiling :)"