Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found on a Cabot cheese pamphlet. Rice is always good with me, so rice and cheese is doubly good.
- 14 ounces Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 6 ounces reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 6 ounces light cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons sliced jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat 2-quart baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, combine tomatoes and sour cream.
- Layer half of rice, half of tomato-sour cream mixture and half of light cheddar cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and casserole is bubbly.
- Garnish with jalapeño peppers and cilantro.