Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was posted in our local newspaper years ago. I recently rediscovered it, and it has become a family favorite. This dish can very easily become a full meal by adding cooked chicken. It is fast and easy to prepare for busy nights on the run.
- 473.18 ml grated old cheddar cheese
- 354.88 ml Minute Rice
- 295.73 ml milk
- 283.49 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 473.18 ml sliced mushrooms
- 473.18 ml broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml slivered almonds
- In a 2 Litre casserole dish mix together rice, milk, soup, mushrooms, broccoli, onion and 1/2 the cheese.
- Microwave on high for 10 minute.
- Stir well after 5 min and continue cooking.
- After 10 min, add the remaining cheese and slivered almonds.
- Let sit for 5 min before serving.