Recipe by mikeerin.newell
This recipe was posted in our local newspaper years ago. I recently rediscovered it, and it has become a family favorite. This dish can very easily become a full meal by adding cooked chicken. It is fast and easy to prepare for busy nights on the run.
- 2 cups grated old cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 Litre casserole dish mix together rice, milk, soup, mushrooms, broccoli, onion and 1/2 the cheese.
- Microwave on high for 10 minute.
- Stir well after 5 min and continue cooking.
- After 10 min, add the remaining cheese and slivered almonds.
- Let sit for 5 min before serving.