Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
I can't remember where I found this recipe, but I have been making it for years now.
- 3 cups white rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 1⁄4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan combine mushroom soup, milk, and cheese product.
- Stir until well combined.
- Cook until cheese melts.
- Stir in broccoli.
- Spoon rice into baking dish.
- Spoon soup mixture evenly over cooked rice. (I mix mine up together)
- Bake covered about 30 minutes or until heated through.
I gave this recipe 3 stars. I made this recipe for Spring 2009 PAC. My family felt this rice was lacking flavor. My future hubby said maybe I needed to add more cheese. I first want to note I used 3 heaping handfuls of mozzerella as there was no amount given. I did make one minor change to the recipe I used chopped frozen broccoli. Other then that I followed the recipe as directed. Overall I may try this again with some seasoning added to the recipe. Thanks for posting. Christine (internetnut)