Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe years ago from a Kraft magazine ad. It is a family favorite and a great way to use up left over rice. Makes a great side dish to grilled meats. Prep time includes time to steam rice. Prep time using leftover rice is about 5 minutes
- 2 cups steamed rice (hot or cold)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (sharp is best, but use whatever you have)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a greased baking dish, mix together all ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees until heated thru and cheese is melted.
- About 20 min or so. Dig in!
I used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream because that's what I had. It was delicious and the rice was very tender
This was so gross. It was very bland and only tasted like sour cream. The cheese clumped horribly and the consistency was so viscous that it reminded me of mucus. This is not how you make cheesy rice.
Yummy!!!! We loved this! I didn't have cayenne but just sprinkled some Emeril's Essence. I also used some salt and pepper and topped it off with a little more grated cheese. Wow! Perfect pared with grilled porkchops and grilled brussel sprouts (Alton Brown's recipe). Turns hard leftover rice into a super quick side dish. Just what I was looking for!