Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great hot dip based on a Reuben sandwich. If you are a fan of the sandwich you will adore this appetizer. It is easy to make and smells & tastes wonderful. As it bubbles in the oven the flavor permeates the air. It is easy to make an a welcome addition to a buffet, game day party or any time you need something to serve friends. It is best right out of the oven so transporting is not recommended. Great served with pretzel crackers, if desired ,or serve with Cocktail rye bread slices or both. Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese (6 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 4 ounces deli sliced corned beef, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup well-drained sauerkraut
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, if desired for topping (optional)
- 2 whole sliced radishes, if desired for decoration (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix cream cheese, 1 cup of the Swiss cheese, the dressing and corned beef. Spread in pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches, or quiche dish, 9x1 1/2 inches. Top with sauerkraut and remaining 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. (Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours if desired.).
- Bake about 15 minutes or until bubbly around edge.
- Garnish with chives and radishes.
- Serve hot with pretzel crackers or cocktail bread.
I liked the idea of having this dip with others on my finger food counter, primarily because it is so different from the usual ones I include! And although I actually didn't care for it because of several ingredients (the sauerkraut & corned beef ~ See what personal preference does!) & would probably have rated it lower, others thought it was wonderful, & I'm not about to argue with my guests, even if some of them do have run-away taste buds! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]