Cheesy Red Beans and Rice
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Combine vegetable oil, bell pepper, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and chili powder in large frying pan and sauté until pepper and onion are almost done.
- Add kidney beans and liquid to pepper and onion mixture.
- Continue to cook until pepper and onion are done.
- Add crushed tomatoes and pepper and onion mixture to pot with rice.
- Simmer until heated through and most of liquid has been absorbed by rice.
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese.