1/1 Photo of Cheesy Red Beans and Rice
Easy vegetarian dish that can be altered to fit any taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (save liquid)
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 2Combine vegetable oil, bell pepper, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and chili powder in large frying pan and sauté until pepper and onion are almost done.
- 3Add kidney beans and liquid to pepper and onion mixture.
- 4Continue to cook until pepper and onion are done.
- 5Add crushed tomatoes and pepper and onion mixture to pot with rice.
- 6Simmer until heated through and most of liquid has been absorbed by rice.
- 7Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Red Beans and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.2
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 231.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with basil