I got this recipe out of the newspaper years ago. It's a favorite at our house. Folks always comment that they like how the sauce sort of bursts out of the shells when you're eating it. I've made this with both small and medium shells with equal success.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot of boiling water, cook the shells to desired doneness; drain, transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- 2In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, saute the onion in the butter for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- 3Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and mustard powder.
- 4Gradually add the milk and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Remove from heat.
- 5Add the ranch dressing and 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar cheese; stir until the cheese melts.
- 6Combine the cheese sauce with the cooked shells.
- 7Place in a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole and top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese begins to turn golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Ranch Shells - My Fav Homemade Mac & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.1
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 66.4 mg
- Sodium 521.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 16.5 g