Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just came up with it one day while I was cooking and wanting something different.
- 1 (15 ounce) canwhole or sliced potatoes, drained (If using the whole potatoes, thinly slice them)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 4 tablespoons ranch dressing (Not the powder.)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients to a 2 quart sauce pan, (you will need the room for the gentle stirring) and cook over low to medium heat untill cheese is melted and it is smooth and creamy.
- You may want to add a tablespoon or two of milk if it is to thick.
- This recipe doubles real well.
- I just made this up so you can fiddle with it to suit your taste.
- Also this works great with regular potatoes, red or russett, just wash and slice them thick with or without skins and boil or steam them (I like to steam them so I do not add any moisture) till fork tender and cook the sauce seperately and pour over tender potatoes.