Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This was delicious and a hit with friends and family.
- 4 lbs russet potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place the potatoes in the baking dish. Season with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Evenly distribute the butter over the potatoes.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil, and bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until potatoes are tender. Remove from oven, and mix in the cheese and Ranch dressing. Continue cooking 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
This was a very yummy side dish to go with our ribs. Pretty easy to put together, but it does take some time to get all those potatoes cut up, even if you're not peeling them.