Recipe by Sharon123
These Cheesy Quinoa and Broccoli Patties are delicious; crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside! You can add in your favorite veggies, change up the cheese to taste, whatever suits your fancy. Enjoy! This is taken directly from Shopgirl.
Top Review by NDomer
Kids licked their fingers! I doubled the recipe, and added more cheese (used swiss) and a bit more bread crumbs to hold patties better. Steamed the broccoli. Very moist, will definitely make again.
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 5 large broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, diced (I like sweet red onion)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, parmesan, whatever you like)
- 1 large egg
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- First, cook your quinoa according to the directions on the package. I cooked mine by combining 1/2 cup of quinoa with 1 cup of boiling water, then letting it come to a boil, and simmering, covered for about 15 minutes. Once the quinoa has absorbed all the water (this shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes), put it on a plate and let it cool completely.
- Next, saute your diced onion until it's soft and translucent. Set aside and let cool completely. Cook your broccoli until it has softened a little bit, then let it cool as well. Once the broccoli has cooled completely, dice it into small pieces.
- Now that you have everything ready, in a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together, leaving the egg until the end. Mix well so you have a smooth, wet mixture that will allow you to make patties that will stick together.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, and make your patties. I made each using 1/4 cup of the mixture. Just make a ball out of the mixture, and squash it down a little bit. Cook each patty for about 7 - 8 minutes on each side on medium heat. You want the patty to develop a crust, but not to burn, so watch them carefully. Let cool for a couple of minutes before eating.