Recipe by Polish_Lady21
A delicious, warm treat that is much healthier than the store bought cheese puffs. Eat them warm with your kids and enjoy! Who can resist warm, gooey cheese balls!
- 3⁄4 cup asiago cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan combine water, butter, oil, salt and pepper; bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat and add flour, all at once. Stir with a wooden spoon until the mix is a smooth paste. Return to low heat and cook for about 3 minutes longer, stirring. Remove from heat and cool for 2 minutes.
- Next, lightly whisk the eggs and 3/4 egg whites. With a wooden spoon beat 1/4 of the egg mix into the flour paste; beat until absorbed. Repeat 3 more times until the paste is smooth and glossy. Stir in the cheese.
- Spoon one inch mounds onto the baking pan, spaced one and a half inches apart. Lightly beat the remaining egg whites and brush over the puffs. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light brown. Serve warm.