Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
Delicious cheddary soft pretzels are perfect for a snack, or as a nice change in your lunchbox. Yum. From BettyCrocker.com. No boiling necessary!
Top Review by springdaze786
i loveddd this recipe!! I used this mozzerela like cheese cuz it was wat i had on hand, and i halved the recipe cuz it was just a trial session for me, but i still used half a cup of cheese, and i used 1/2 a cup brown flour and 1/4 cup white flour, because i wanted the reduce the fat and carbs. I also just used an egg white, and used 1% milk and lite margarine. All the same, it was excellent!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Mix all ingredients except egg and coarse salt in medium bowl with fork until soft dough forms.
- Smooth dough gently into ball on floured board.
- Knead 10 times.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll half of dough into 12x8-inch rectangle.
- Cut rectangle lengthwise into eight 1-inch strips.
- Fold each strip lengthwise in half into 12x1/2-inch strip; pinch edges to seal.
- Twist each strip into pretzel shape.
- Place seam down on cookie sheet.
- Beat egg in small bowl with fork until blended.
- Brush pretzels with egg.
- Sprinkle lightly with coarse salt.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining half of dough.