Recipe by hmms
This is a staple at our summer grill-outs. It's easy and can be prepared the day before, then baked when you need it. I use reduced fat cheddar cheese, light sour cream and 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup.
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash browns (shredded or cubed)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (can be reduced fat)
- 16 ounces sour cream (can be light)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (can be 98% fat-free soup)
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup corn flakes (more if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take hash browns out of freezer, keep in bag, set aside.
- In microwave, melt 1 stick of butter in large bowl; mix in sour cream, cheese and cream of chicken soup.
- In 9x13 pan (sprayed with Pam), spread hash browns. Spread sour cream, cheese, and soup mixture on top.
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter on stovetop, mix in corn flakes, stir (smash them a little too) until butter is absorbed. You may need/want to add more corn flakes.
- Sprinkle corn flakes on top of sour cream, cheese and soup mixture.
- Bake 1 hour at 350.