Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a staple at our summer grill-outs. It's easy and can be prepared the day before, then baked when you need it. I use reduced fat cheddar cheese, light sour cream and 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup.
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash browns (shredded or cubed)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (can be reduced fat)
- 16 ounces sour cream (can be light)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (can be 98% fat-free soup)
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup corn flakes (more if desired)
- Take hash browns out of freezer, keep in bag, set aside.
- In microwave, melt 1 stick of butter in large bowl; mix in sour cream, cheese and cream of chicken soup.
- In 9x13 pan (sprayed with Pam), spread hash browns. Spread sour cream, cheese, and soup mixture on top.
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter on stovetop, mix in corn flakes, stir (smash them a little too) until butter is absorbed. You may need/want to add more corn flakes.
- Sprinkle corn flakes on top of sour cream, cheese and soup mixture.
- Bake 1 hour at 350.
I *LOVE* this recipe. This is the same recipe my mom uses for family get-togethers. I made a smaller and gluten free version of this recipe for dinner (you can find it under my recipes if you are curious).
Amazing! Made them for dinner and my family loved them!
Great comfort food and i like adding a little extra corn flakes.