1/1 Photo of Cheesy Potatoes on the Grill
Shawn C's Note:
What a great way to have potatoes off the grill. Great for a camping trip! If no is grill available you could use a campfire! This was so yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You will need 2 large pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- 2Spray the bottom layer of the foil packet heavily with non-stick spray.
- 3Scrub potatoes well and slice fairly thick.
- 4Layer in a slightly overlapping way on top of one of the pieces of foil, but not piled up in a bunch.
- 5Sprinkle the onion and garlic over the potatoes.
- 6Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- 7Layer slices of butter all over the potatoes.
- 8Sprinkle the Parmesan, Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese on the potatoes.
- 9Lay the other piece of foil over the potatoes and fold all the edges in all the way up to the potatoes inside the packet. You don't want the top layer of foil to be touching the cheese inside too much so do not mash it down.
- 10With a small knife or scissors cut 3 tiny holes in the top center of the foil packet.
- 11Lay packet on a hot grill and cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes.
- 12Remove and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- 13Be careful when tearing off the foil top because steam could burn you.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Potatoes on the Grill
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.0
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 390.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 12.5 g