Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The roasted red peppers add a dash of color to this dish. I found this recipe in a Taste Of Home magazine. Very good and makes enough for a bunch. Leftovers are great.
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender.
- Whisk in flour, salt and pepper until blended.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in cheese until smooth.
- Place half of the potatoes in two greased 11"x7"x2" baking dishes.
- Pour half of sauce over potatoes.
- Top with half to two-thirds of peppers and remaining potatoes.
- Pour remaining sauce over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with remaining peppers.
- Cover; bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/4 hours.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and sauce is thickened.