2 hrs 35 mins
The roasted red peppers add a dash of color to this dish. I found this recipe in a Taste Of Home magazine. Very good and makes enough for a bunch. Leftovers are great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender.
- 2Whisk in flour, salt and pepper until blended.
- 3Gradually add milk.
- 4Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 5Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- 6Remove from the heat.
- 7Stir in cheese until smooth.
- 8Place half of the potatoes in two greased 11"x7"x2" baking dishes.
- 9Pour half of sauce over potatoes.
- 10Top with half to two-thirds of peppers and remaining potatoes.
- 11Pour remaining sauce over potatoes.
- 12Sprinkle with remaining peppers.
- 13Cover; bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/4 hours.
- 14Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and sauce is thickened.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Potatoes 'N Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.9
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 43.2 mg
- Sodium 675.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 11.5 g