1/3 Photos of Cheesy Potatoes Au Gratin
1 hr 10 mins
Recipe from New Orleans Cooking by Emeril Lagasse. Simple and tasty side dish. Did add a couple of extra spices as the recipe seemed to be bland with just salt & pepper. The additions of garlic & onion powder seemed to make a difference in the layers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a medium gratin dish with butter.
- 3Cover the bottom of the pan with an overlapping layer of potatoes.
- 4Lightly season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and top with a sprinkling of cheese (about 2 tablespoons).
- 5Continue layering potatoes, seasoning, and cheese, ending with the remaining cheese on top.
- 6Pour the cream over the potatoes, pressing lightly with your hands to cover the potatoes with cream.
- 7Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the cheese is absorbed into the potatoes and the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 50 minutes.
- 8Remove the foil and bake until the mixture is bubbly and the top is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- 9Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes before cutting into portions.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Potatoes Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.8
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 90.9 mg
- Sodium 200.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 10.2 g