1/1 Photo of Cheesy Potatoes and Onions for the Grill
You can make these in a large heavy disposable foil pan or wrapped in heavy-duty foil and can also be cooked in the oven, you may adjust the amount of cheeses to taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1 -2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/3-1/2 cup butter (cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried parsley (or use 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup canned chicken broth
- 1Prepare a 20 x 20-inch piece of heavy-duty foil or a 13 x 9-inch disposable foil pan (I prefer to make these in a pan).
- 2Generously spray the inside of the foil or pan with cooking spray.
- 3Toss the potatoes with sliced onions and Parmesan cheese (if using) then place on top and in the middle part of the foil, or place into the foil pan.
- 4Sprinkle the butter cubes over the potatoes.
- 5In a bowl combine cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic powder; sprinkle over the potatoes and onions.
- 6Slightly wrap up the ends of the foil then drizzle the broth over the top of the mixture.
- 7Seal up the foil completely.
- 8Make one or two very small pin-holes in the top of the foil to allow heat to escape (or cover the foil pan tightly with a sheet of foil, then make a small hole/s in the top of the foil).
- 9Place the foil packet or foil pan on the grill, cover with the grilling lid and cook for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Potatoes and Onions for the Grill
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.1
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 504.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: