Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
UPDATED! As I never measure and a not wonderful review, I finally got my mom to write down the recipe. Full of flavor, cannot go to a pitch in without it. Also very good as leftovers.
- 5 lbs potatoes
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cut up
- 3 onions, diced
- 1 lb bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1 -2 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil potatoes for 20-30 minutes, or until softened.
- Peel and dice them, placing them in a large baking dish.
- Add Velveeta, onion, crumbled bacon, and mayonnaise.
- Mix well.
- (Hands usually work the best) Bake for 45 min to 1 hour (until the top starts browning).
I have made these potatoes for the last two years! These are wonderful and easy to make! Even though it takes awhile...it is definitely worth it! I actually got the recipe from a friend but didn't have it wrote down. Thank you for posting it...now I use more onion and it makes it even better! I will tell you though, I only used 2 onions and it was perfect! This is a family favorite!
This recipe was okay but nothing I would call exceptional. My daughter made these last night. The only saving quality was the bacon. The potatoes were really pretty dry. I think my daughter is going to add some kind of soup to make it creamier to use up the leftovers. But we appreciate your posting.