Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy crowd pleaser. We often make double batches so that we can have leftovers. These taste great reheated the second day also. Preparation time does not take into account time needed to thaw hash browns.
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash browns (thawed 30 minutes)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (melted)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 dash salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour into greased 9 x 12 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour. (275-300degrees for 2-21/2hrs is better).
- May be made 1-2 days ahead and refrigerated until baking.
This is my absolute favorite cheesy potato recipe. I use CREAM OF POTATO soup instead of the chicken though.
Cheesey and Delicious. We loved this recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2012.