Prep 24 hrs
Cook 35 mins
This is a recipe that my mother-in-law makes every Christmas. These potatoes are delicious!! Just keep in mind that the the potatoes are supposed to be boiled and put in the refrigerator for 24 hours so you kinda have to plan ahead when making these potatoes but, it's worth the wait!! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!!
- 4 large potatoes
- 4 ounces whipping cream or 4 ounces heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Boil potatoes until soft in skins, this takes about 20 to 30 minutes depending on the size of your potatoes. Refrigerate 24 hours.
- Peel and coarsely grate potatoes into a greased baking pan.
- In a sauce pan, combine cream, milk, and cheese. Stir until cheese melts.
- Add salt and pepper to sauce, pour over potatoes, and mix together.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.