Recipe by tasmith1
This is a holiday favorite (and anytime actually) of my kids and the entire family. I got this recipe from the sales rep who sold us our new Dacor oven a few years back when we re-modeled our kitchen. It's simple, yummy and a big hit!
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was a great dish! Everyone in my family enjoyed it. It was so easy to prepare, too. So I know I will make this over and over again. I chose extra cheese for our topping, and it was a good choice. I thought the cracker crumb topping would help to control the extra liquids in it (as I thought perhaps the potatotes would get mushy from the liquids during baking), but using cheese worked just fine, and the texture of the potatoes was great. Thanks for sharing your recipe, tasmith1. This was one of my Pick-A-Chef choices, and a great choice at that.
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns, thawed & drained (I like the Southern Style)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely sliced green onion
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
any of the following toppings
- crushed corn flakes or cracker crumbs or grated cheese