Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderfully not-healthy dish that everyone asks for the recipe everytime I take it to a potluck!! ENJOY!!
- 2 lbs O'Brien potatoes (Frozen cubed hashbrowns with green and red peppers and onions)
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add frozen potatoes to 13 X 9 pan, set aside.
- In heavy sauce pan, over low heat,add half and half, margarine, onion, and cheeses and mix until melted and smooth, stirring frequently.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Allow to set approximately 1 hour at room temperature.
- (I have skipped this step and they have turned out fine!!) Bake for one hour at 350 degrees until bubbly and lightly browned.
Very good recipe!!! I don't like the ones that call for soup. I didn't have half and half, so I used 2% milk and sour cream. Very good :) I used some Lawry's and pepper instead of salt to give it some zip!
This was easy to make with the frozen potatoes. It came out extremely well and my family fought over it at dinner-thanks!
I bet thses are good, but I tried to double the batch and they turned out really plain and they took forever to cook.