Recipe by Mickee
This is a wonderfully not-healthy dish that everyone asks for the recipe everytime I take it to a potluck!! ENJOY!!
Top Review by RN4IttyBits
Very good recipe!!! I don't like the ones that call for soup. I didn't have half and half, so I used 2% milk and sour cream. Very good :) I used some Lawry's and pepper instead of salt to give it some zip!
- 2 lbs O'Brien potatoes (Frozen cubed hashbrowns with green and red peppers and onions)
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Add frozen potatoes to 13 X 9 pan, set aside.
- In heavy sauce pan, over low heat,add half and half, margarine, onion, and cheeses and mix until melted and smooth, stirring frequently.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Allow to set approximately 1 hour at room temperature.
- (I have skipped this step and they have turned out fine!!) Bake for one hour at 350 degrees until bubbly and lightly browned.