Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another OAMC recipe. My mom has made this for as long as I can remember and I've always loved it. Hope you do too!
- 453.59 g shredded hash brown
- 453.59 g O'Brien potatoes
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 354.88 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml melted butter (optional)
- 59.14 ml crushed corn flakes (optional)
- Mix all ingredients except butter and cornflakes.
- Place mixture in greased 9x13 pan.
- If using cornflakes, mix them with the butter and top the potatoes with the mixture.
- Bake and 350°F for 45 minutes.
- *OAMC*--- Freeze as is, then when you're ready to eat them, thaw the potatoes, then cook as directed. Simple as that!
A long time favorite and extreemly common dish here in WI. This is very common at pot lucks. I can't get enough of this cheesy comfort food. I like to add a can of cream of mushroom soup in addition to all the ingredients listed here. Thanks for posting this great recipe!
My mom has always made this too. I think it's the only thing she made that I truely loved enough to want the recipe. As a vegetarian, I buy the Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Celery, so it's low(er) sodium and vegetarian. Mom always throws in an onion, but I add even more veggies to it to bump up the healthy factor. Fresh or frozen broccoli or bell peppers are awesome in this!
Swimmer175!! I haven't tried these yet, but with all the wonderful ingredients, I just don't know how it could NOT be good!! I am definetly going to try this very soon. Thank you for submitting this recipe!! Love, Becky