Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hash brown potatoes with sour cream and cheddar cheese
- 907.18 g bag frozen hash browns
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
- 473.18 ml grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (453.59 g) container sour cream
- 473.18 ml corn flakes
- 59.14 ml butter
- Combine hashbrowns, 1/2 cup butter, salt, pepper, onions, chicken soup, cheddar cheese, & sour cream in a large bowl.
- Place in a buttered 9x13 inch pan.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter and mix with cornflakes.
- Sprinkle on top of hashbrown mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
AMAZING! My family loved these (and the leftovers!). I did add a little extra shredded cheese. Next time I might cut back on the onions a bit (my family isn't huge on onions - not that it was overly excessive) and might add more corn flakes on top but either way it tasted great! I will definitely be making these again!
I made these for our Labor Day cookout and everyone LOVED them. I made them exactly as written using frozen shredded hash browns. There wasn't even a little spoonful left after the cookout was over. Thanks for sharing a real keeper.
I thought this was a wonderfully easy delicious recipe. I used french fried onions for the topping instead of corn flakes. Made it for a family dinner and everyone thought it was good! Thanks for the recipe!!!