Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I got this recipe from a former co-worker. I have never made them, but I remember that they were delicious the time she brought them in for an office pot luck.
- 1 (32 ounce) packagefrozen, shredded hash brown potatoes
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into small chunks
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine, cut into small chunks
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
This is a quick and easy potato dish! I made this on a camping trip and everyone loved it. It's a dish that can easily be varied by adding chopped onion, green pepper etc if you wish... although it certainly did not need it. Thank you Mary for sharing this. :-)
This was one of the best potato dishes i have ever had!! I just made it for my valentines dinner for my honey and he loved it!! It was so creamy and delicious!! If you like dairy, this will definately be a favorite like it is mine! Thanks~
Made a double batch - put 3/4 in the crockpot and 1/4 went to a non cooking friend (What's up with that???) We liked the crock pot version - we LOVED the version cooked in the oven at 350 for 1 hr. I did add about 1/4 c hot sauce per batch - and used cream of onion soup instead of cream of chicken. Awesome!