Recipe by blazeko
This is my mother inlaws recipe
Top Review by Ultimate Food Junkie
Good cheesy potatoes!! I don't feel I'm giving this recipe a fair rating because I was forced to make a substitution! I forgot about needing the sour cream for the recipe and used up the last of my sour cream to make Garlic Garlic dip by Tastefully Simple, so I used the dip in place of the sour cream!!!! You could definitely tell it was in there!!!! We still liked them, but can't wait to try the recipe the way it was meant to be! Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed. (little squared, not shredded)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in pan and add onions.
- Cook until onions are sort of soft.
- Add soup, cheese, salt and pepper.
- When cheese is sort of melted, add sour cream and mix well.
- In large bowl put thawed potatoes.
- Pour cheese mixture onto potatoes and stir well, coating the potatoes.
- Pour mixture into a 9" x 13 " glass pan that you have greased.
- Sprinkle on the topping.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minute.