Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My aunt brings this dish to Christmas Eve every year, and even though she doubles it it never lasts!
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix 2 cups of the shredded cheese in a large bowl with the sour cream and soup.
- Add the garlic.
- Mix the potatoes into the soup mixture.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Spread into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until heated through and the top is nice and crispy.
My step-mom makes a recipe very similar to this, and it is always gone!! She adds plain cornflakes for crunch. It is a must have at all our holiday dinners!!!