Recipe by Jamie Morales
If you looked up comfort food in the dictionary this is what you'd find. I usually half this recipe and it's more than enough for the three of us, but I'm posting the recipe as it was given to me by a family friend. Kids love it and so do adults, it's sure to be a family favorite.
Top Review by ervigile
These are great! I cut the calories in half by using 2% milk sharp cheddar and Swiss, low-fat sour cream, and the Mayo clinic's healthy cream of chicken soup substitute. I didn't even skimp on the butter (but next time I think I'll halve it). They still tasted every bit like comfort food.
Also: I didn't have the store-bought hashbrowns, so I just shredded some potatoes in the food processor. It took about 3 1/2 potatoes.
- 1 (32 ounce) bagore-ida shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfinely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, stir together butter, soup, sour cream salt and pepper.
- stir in cheese. I add the cheese little by little so that it all gets mixed in evenly and doesn't end up all over the counter.
- stir in potatoes, again little by little.
- Place mixture into a 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake for 60 to 90 minutes or until hot all the way through and a little brown around the edges.