Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Comfort food at it's best! Add more onion if you like and sour cream can increased by 1/4 cup if you like your potatoes extra creamy.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cut potatoes in half and boil in the skins until just done. Shred coarsely and return to cooking pot.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine cheese and butter, stir until melted. Remove from heat and add sour cream, onions, salt and pepper.
- Fold sauce into potatoes. Pour into greased casserole dish and pat with remaining butter. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes or until potatoes are hot and bubbly.
Great recipe, I followed it to a "T" and will be making it again - loved the paprika on top, nice added flavor.
excellent,I wasn't sure where to use the oil.