Recipe by ShortyBond
I came up with this for lunch today. It isn't exactly "figure friendly" but it sure is good!! Serve with taco chips or beans or any side you wish.
Top Review by billikers
This was so easy to make and so quick to make - BUT - It was extremely delicious and filling. We especially loved the potatoes in it, because whenever you got them in a bite, it was crunchy goodness. I was afraid it would be too hot with the chili pepper and cajun seasoning, but it was just right. We had ours in hard taco shells (for him) and soft tortillas (for me) and we both loved it. Thank you!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped (1/2-inch squares, like homefries)
- 2 cups vegetable oil or 2 cups canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere's is my favorite)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil to medium high heat and fry potato pieces until crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside, like homefries. Drain on a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, in a seperate skillet, brown ground beef until done through. Drain well.
- Return beef to skillet and add water, chili powder, cumin and cajun seasoning. Stir to make a taco sauce.
- Add potatoes and stir until sauce coats potatoes.
- Add cheese and stir until melted. Serve immediately.