Recipe by Chef Larz in Pennsboro, WV
A low fat, low calorie way to enjoy cheesy potato soup in a hurry.
- 16 ounces potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup (98% fat free)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place diced onions in a small pot with just enough water to steam them when covered. Steam until just translucent.
- Peel and dice the potatoes. Place onions and potatoes in a pot with the 2 cups of water and boil until tender, about 15 minutes.
- With slotted spoon remove about 3/4 of the potatoes and set aside.
- With an electric mixer blend the soups into the remaining potatoes and water and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the potatoes that were set aside and heat to serving temperature.
- Serve with light biscuits or low fat cornbread (recipes available on my page).