Recipe by Polish Chick
This creamy, rich potato soup usually elicits many compliments at our church's annual Chili Cook-off! It's a good alternative for those not fond of chili. Very rich, so it's for special occasions!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
The only change I made was to cut the recipe in half, since there were just 3 of us at the table, & we had just slightly more than enough of this great tasting soup! Wonderfully satisfying, what with the bacon & cheese included! A great recipe, this is! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 8 yukon gold potatoes
- 1419.54 ml water
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml bacon (crumbled) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil peeled, cubed potatoes in water until soft.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Turn heat down to medium.
- Cut up cream cheese into small pieces and add to potatoes.
- Add half and half.
- Continue cooking on med.-lo to medium heat until cream cheese is melted and blended.
- Before serving add shredded cheese and bacon crumbles.