Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This creamy, rich potato soup usually elicits many compliments at our church's annual Chili Cook-off! It's a good alternative for those not fond of chili. Very rich, so it's for special occasions!
- Boil peeled, cubed potatoes in water until soft.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Turn heat down to medium.
- Cut up cream cheese into small pieces and add to potatoes.
- Add half and half.
- Continue cooking on med.-lo to medium heat until cream cheese is melted and blended.
- Before serving add shredded cheese and bacon crumbles.
The only change I made was to cut the recipe in half, since there were just 3 of us at the table, & we had just slightly more than enough of this great tasting soup! Wonderfully satisfying, what with the bacon & cheese included! A great recipe, this is! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
Enjoyed this for lunch today. My first time to make potato soup. This had a good flavor and the bacon and cheddar garnish really complimented the soup well. I however, not used to making potato soup, cut my potatoes too small and the soup was grainy (not the recipes fault) and I also used low fat cream cheese (bought by mistake). Wonderful, tasty and quick soup. Thanks for sharing Polish Chick. Made for PAC Spring 2012