Recipe by PrimQuilter
Got this from a local grocery store holiday book. I have not tried this yet, but it is on my list! Serving size is 2 cups.
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups water
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups ham, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine carrots, potatoes, celery, salt and water in 5 quart pot.
- Boil 20 minutes.
- Remove from stove and slightly mash mixture.
- Add evaporated milk, parsley, milk, cheese, ham and pepper.
- Return to stove and heat until bubbly.
- Can top with crumbled bacon, green onions, sour cream, Fritos. The list goes on!