Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good flavored potato soup that my family loves.
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 stalk diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 carrot, grated
- Saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add potatoes, celery and carrot along with enough water to cover veggies. Boil until cooked usually 7-10 minute
- Add the rest of the ingredients except cheese and mix until blended. When the mixture gets hot add the cheese.
- Cook until cheese is melted but don't boil.
- Do not make in crockpot, it gets too hot and curdles.
This soup is delicious! The only thing I did differently was to add salt, pepper and a dash of garlic powder. Oh and I accidentally added an extra stalk of celery. Otherwise it was perfect and it hit the spot on this cold night.