- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or soup kettle, saute onion in butter.
- Add potatoes and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the milk, soup, garlic salt and pepper; heat through.
- Add cheese; stir until cheese is melted.