Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
TO-DIE-FOR!!! Rich 'n creamy, Thick 'n hearty. It almost breaks my heart to post this recipe! It is my all-time favorite meal and I can't have it anymore 'cause i recently found out I have a hereditary form of type-2 diabetes- Thanks alot Dad! lol Anyways hope U love it as much as I do and eat an extra big bowl for me lol!
- 6 large potatoes, cut into bite size chunks
- 8 ounces ham, chopped small
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli (optional)
- 6 cups milk
- 1⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese, cut up (about 2 inch block)
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- TO MAKE SOUP:
- In a soup pot boil potatoes in enough water to cover until potatoes are just done.
- While potatoes are boiling steam broccoli(if u are using it)in the microwave according to package directions, then chop small.
- when potatoes are done drain off water and add milk, velveeta cheese, ham, broccoli(if using), and season to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- TO MAKE RIVELS:.
- While waiting on soup to boil, make rivels by beating eggs in a med. bowl and season with pinch salt. Add flour and baking powder then mix with fork until lumpy dough forms. (there will be some flour that doesn't mix all in, don't worry about it.).
- When soup comes to a boil, dump in dough lumps, extra flour and all.
- Boil another 10 minutes or so until rivels are no longer floury in the middle.