Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A new take on an old classic from the US Potato Board. Parmesan and mozzarella stand in for cheddar. Sun-dried tomatoes and parsley add a fresh touch. Cook time includes the 50 minutes it takes to bake the potatoes.
- 4 medium russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, tops only and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake potatoes 50 minutes or until tender. Let cool.
- Cut each potato in half.
- With a spoon, scoop out pulp leaving 1/4-inch of potato in each half. Set pulp aside.
- Cut each skin half in half again to form quarters.
- Season the skins with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes.
- Mash 1 cup potato pulp with a potato masher.
- Stir in sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, green onions and parsley. (Mixture will be sticky and hold together.).
- With your hands, divide the mixture evenly between the potato skins, pressing the mixture into the skins.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
This was the first time I'd had potato skins and I absolutely loved them! Thanks for this recipe.
Brought these to a party... they were fairly easy to make and pretty tasty! This was my first time making any kind of potato skin recipe, I'm inspired to try others now.
This was lovely with some crumbed chicken and a great way to use up some leftovers in the frisge, thanks for posting!