Recipe by rickoholic83
A new take on an old classic from the US Potato Board. Parmesan and mozzarella stand in for cheddar. Sun-dried tomatoes and parsley add a fresh touch. Cook time includes the 50 minutes it takes to bake the potatoes.
- 4 medium russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, tops only and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake potatoes 50 minutes or until tender. Let cool.
- Cut each potato in half.
- With a spoon, scoop out pulp leaving 1/4-inch of potato in each half. Set pulp aside.
- Cut each skin half in half again to form quarters.
- Season the skins with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes.
- Mash 1 cup potato pulp with a potato masher.
- Stir in sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, green onions and parsley. (Mixture will be sticky and hold together.).
- With your hands, divide the mixture evenly between the potato skins, pressing the mixture into the skins.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm.