1/1 Photo of Cheesy Potato Skins With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
A new take on an old classic from the US Potato Board. Parmesan and mozzarella stand in for cheddar. Sun-dried tomatoes and parsley add a fresh touch. Cook time includes the 50 minutes it takes to bake the potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4-1/3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, tops only and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Bake potatoes 50 minutes or until tender. Let cool.
- 3Cut each potato in half.
- 4With a spoon, scoop out pulp leaving 1/4-inch of potato in each half. Set pulp aside.
- 5Cut each skin half in half again to form quarters.
- 6Season the skins with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes.
- 7Mash 1 cup potato pulp with a potato masher.
- 8Stir in sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, green onions and parsley. (Mixture will be sticky and hold together.).
- 9With your hands, divide the mixture evenly between the potato skins, pressing the mixture into the skins.
- 10Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Potato Skins With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.7
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 201.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 7.1 g