1 hr 30 mins
A potato recipe that I found in a Pillsbury booklet over 20 years ago. I'v made it as a side dish for cookouts. It can either be baked in an oven or cooked on a grill. I've only used the oven method as there usually isn't any additional room on the grill. I substitute onion powder for onion as a matter of family preference. Makes a lot; can be halved.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease two 12x8" (2 qt.) baking dishes.
- 2Layer potatoes, onions, salt, pepper, sausage, and shredded cheese in baking dish.
- 3Cover with foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 4*ON THE GRILL: Place half of potato and onion slices on each of 22x18" sheets lightly greased, heavy duty foil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Layer half of sausage and half of shredded cheese over potatoes and onions in each packet. Seal packets tightly.
- 6Place packets on grill 6-8" from hot coals. Cook about 1 hour or until potatoes are tender, turning frequently.
- 7*There were no directions for using a gas grill. My new grill gets so hot that I think I would have to use the low setting, and turn frequently as recipe says to do.
Browse Our Top Oven Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy-Potato-Sausage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.3
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.2 mg
- Sodium 368.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 22.3 g