Recipe by AZPARZYCH
I love the baked-potato salad from the deli at the grocery store, but at $5 a pound it is a little crazy!! This sounds very similar; I would love to be able to make it myself...
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
I totally loved this potato salad but next time I will leave out the sugar altogether. I used 1/2 the sugar this time and loved it but I know I will love it more w/o sugar. Made for Aus/NZ tag.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, cubed (skins on)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain, and set aside to cool
- In a large bowl, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, half of the onions, and half of the cheese.
- Gently stir in the cooled potatoes.
- Top with remaining cheese and onions, and sprinkle bacon bits over the top.