I love the baked-potato salad from the deli at the grocery store, but at $5 a pound it is a little crazy!! This sounds very similar; I would love to be able to make it myself...
- Place the potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain, and set aside to cool
- In a large bowl, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, half of the onions, and half of the cheese.
- Gently stir in the cooled potatoes.
- Top with remaining cheese and onions, and sprinkle bacon bits over the top.
I totally loved this potato salad but next time I will leave out the sugar altogether. I used 1/2 the sugar this time and loved it but I know I will love it more w/o sugar. Made for Aus/NZ tag.
This is a very good potato salad and I didn't use any sugar in it. In my opinion the sugar would detract from the salad. It's really tasty with the cheese and bacon and was a hit with the grilled cheese burgers tonight. :D
This was a yummy potato salad, my husband really liked it because it didn't have eggs in it. I only added a tinny bit of sugar and also limited the cheese. A nice change from the average potato salad.