I love the baked-potato salad from the deli at the grocery store, but at $5 a pound it is a little crazy!! This sounds very similar; I would love to be able to make it myself...
- Place the potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain, and set aside to cool
- In a large bowl, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, half of the onions, and half of the cheese.
- Gently stir in the cooled potatoes.
- Top with remaining cheese and onions, and sprinkle bacon bits over the top.