Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A clever little side dish which is a all in one roastie and Yorkshire pud
- 25 g butter
- 500 g potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 50 g mature cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons milk
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs, separated
- Heat the oven to 220c/gas 7. Grease a 6-hole muffin tin with butter, also greasing the bits between the holes.Put potatoes in a saucepan and cover with salt water. Bring to boil and simmer for 15mins,until they are very soft but not breaking up.
- Drain well. Return to the pan and mash well.
- Mix the onions and cheese with the potatoes. Melt the butter and milk together, then stir into the spuds. Season well with salt,pepper and freshly grated nutmeg, then beat in the egg yolks. Whisk the egg whites to form soft peaks, the fold into the potatoe mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin and bake for about 15-20mins until well risen and golden brown.