Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are really clever - they rise up like little souffles and are perfect alongside the Sunday beef or pork roast. Spring onions are also known as green onions or scallions. From Good Food Magazine.
- Heat oven to 220C/425°F.
- Grease a six-hole muffin tin with butter, also greasing the top bits between the holes so that they don't stick when they puff up.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes, until they are soft but not breaking up. Drain well and return to pan and mash well.
- Mix the onions and cheese with the potatoes.
- Melt the butter and milk together, then stir into the potatoes. Season well with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Beat in the egg yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites to form soft peaks, then gently fold into the potato mixture.
- Spoon the mixture equally into the six muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes until well-risen and golden brown.