Recipe by lindabeach
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. These easy-to-make potato pierogies will be ready in a snap! I did this after work one evening with my two toddlers in the kitchen. It was a quick, delicious meal solution and one that we will definitely add to our dinner rotation! The tortilla shells combined with a little bit of vegetable broth gives them the same texture as pierogi dough without all of the work.
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (reserve 1/2 cup to sprinkle on top)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- sour cream, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes according to package directions.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese into potatoes at the end, just until melted.
- Scoop cheesy potato filling evenly onto 8 flour tortillas.
- Fold tortillas in half, pressing down slightly so gooey cheese holds them together.
- Layer the tortilla pockets in a greased 9 x 13 glass pan.
- Carefully pour 1/2 cup vegetable broth evenly over the top of each tortilla wrap.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and enjoy!