Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
For Zaar tour 6. A vegetarian pie. I think this could easily be a freezer meal.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled chunked
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 ounces butter, divided
- 1 lb leek, trimmed sliced and washed
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 lb zucchini, chopped
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce flour
- 1⁄2 pint vegetable stock
- Cook potatoes; drain; mash; add milk,1 oz butter, and 2 oz cheese.
- Meanwhile saute 1 oz butter, leeks, and red pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms, paprika, turmeric, and pepper.
- Fry for 2 minutes; sprinkle in flour; add vegetable stock; cook for 5 minutes.
- Put veggies in casserole.
- Top with potatoes; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until crisp, not burned.