Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from the Sunday coupons. I plan to use homemade pancake mix and sugar free log cabin syrup.
- 12 ounces johnsonville original breakfast sausage patties
- crisco original nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup hungry jack buttermilk pancake mix (just add water)
- 1 1⁄2 cups hungry jack mashed potato flakes
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons crisco vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons hungry jack microwave ready regular syrup (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook and crumble sausage patties in large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain, if necessary.
- Spray skillet or griddle with no stick spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat or electric griddle to 375.
- Combine pancake mix and potato flakes in large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, oil and syrup, if using. Add liquids to dry ingredients, stirring just until large lumps disappear. Blend in carrots, green onions, parmesan cheese and cooked sausage.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto hot skillet or griddle. Cook for 3 minutes. Turn. Cook 2-3 minutes more or until golden brown. Place 3 or 4 pancakes on dinner plate. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and serve.